What Happens If You Drink Water With Honey On An Empty Stomach
Often while preparing our favorite drinks, such as coffee or tea we add lemon, honey or some other ingredient to sweeten or improve the taste. But, if you think about it, those ingredients are actually very healthy on their own.
As we all know, keeping ourselves hydrated during the day is quite important and good for us and your body as well. However, what you did not know is, that a simple mixture of water and honey is a very powerful combination that will do wonders for you and your overall health.
Honey – one of the healthiest and most commonly used foods even since the ancient times. The benefits from eating honey are many and are amazing.Here are only some of them that are most commonly known and popular:
- Unlike the sugar we consume every day, honey contains a natural sugar which is actually a very healthy source of calories. So, consuming honey, means consuming a healthy intake of sugar that is good for you. It might even ward off your sugar cravings for all those artificially produced juices and beverages.
- It might even help you in losing weight and get rid of all those extra pounds you might have. You will not be able to notice, significant results immediately, but it in the long run, there will be results to be shown.
- Honey is a powerful antiseptic, and has antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Raw organic honey is filled with enzymes, vitamins and minerals which help to protect your body from bacteria. It is also a very powerful antioxidant that helps in the body’s fight with free radicals.
- Honey reduces the body’s susceptibility to environmental allergies.
- The compounds found in honey, make it a great energy booster for the body.
- When combining honey with warm water, not only will it keep you well hydrated, but it will also improve your energy which will help you pass through exhausting days more easily.
- There will be no need to drink several cups of coffee a day to help you go through the day.
- Hot honey with water has a soothing effect on the throat. It reduces soreness and irritation which are the main causes for coughing.
- Warm water and honey is a great way to detoxify and flushout of all those toxins like mucus swirling around in your body which can be reasons for many diseases. As the honey collects water from the kidneys, it also helps when it comes to unpleasant and uncontrolled night urination.
- It helps cleans the digestive tract from parasites and the intestines from deposits of toxins.
- It rejuvenates the colon’s flora and helps in eliminating of bacteria.
Preparing this wonderful mixture is very easy.Add and mix a teaspoon of honey in a glass of water.If you want an even stronger healthy energizing preventive weapon, you can also squeeze a bit of lemon in your glass.
It’s recommended to drink it in the morning on an empty stomach, but you can drink it in the evening as well.It will have a soothing effect on your kidneys and their work. You can even use it to clean and detoxify your face skin as it makes it softer, silky and shinier.
Evidently, there is a vast number of benefits you can get from drinking honey water, so if you have not done so already, make sure to start using it as soon as possible.
source: Your Stylish Life.