If you have ever heard of Toms of Maine, it has become a mainstream brand within the health-conscious community. But, it seems that their products are not so natural.
Most consumers are not aware who the owners of Toms of Main are and what ingredients they use. It is owned by a giant corporation that is known as Colgate-Palmolive. Their formula contains Triclosan, which is a toxic chemical substance that reacts with the chlorine in tap water and becomes chloroform, which is a deadly chlorinated aromatic.
Why you should avoid Tom’s of Maine products:
1. They contain aluminum: Their products contain potassium alum is a natural mineral salt made from molecules that are too large to be absorbed by the skin, it’s not aluminum free completely. The aluminum can be accumulated in the body, and it will become more destructive as you get older.
2. Zinc chloride: zinc chloride has been classified as harmful, irritant and dangerous to the environment.
3. Titanium dioxide: the Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety says that titanium dioxide is a human carcinogen. High concentrations can cause respiratory tract cancer in rats that have been exposed by inhalation and intratracheal instillation.
4. Carrageenan: Even good grade carrageenan can cause gastrointestinal inflammation, ulcerations, lesions and even colon cancer. Associations have been linked to insulin resistance and glucose intolerance.
5. Sodium lauryl sulfate: SLS is manufactured process results in being contaminated with 1,4 dioxane that is carcinogenic by-product.
6. Mercury: Mercury can damage many different systems in the body, especially if ingested.